Job, Career or Calling?
I’ve given a number of talks on having balance through transition, and most of these talks recently happen to have been in front of audiences that were in a specific kind of transition – work. For whatever reason, most of the people listening were transitioning from one job to the next, or one career to another. They were transitioned, let go, downsized.
Work can take one of three forms, and each form has a different impact on your life – your time energy and resources.
Let’s define the three types – Job, Career and Calling.
Which one do you have? Is it what you wanted? Do you get an email at 2am? Do you open your laptop right after dinner and keep working? When you come back from vacation do you just go back to work, or are the last two weeks still waiting for you?
Find out in this podcast.
- My mission and crabbiness - January 20, 2019
- The Amazing Lucas - January 13, 2019
- Resolutions: Steering from afar - January 6, 2019
- Look Forward / Look Back – One year - December 30, 2018
- Twas The Night Before Christmas – a reading of the poem by Mark Bradford - December 24, 2018
- Charging a battery, filling a bucket and accomplishing a goal - December 23, 2018
- The Zone – AFL Podcast - December 9, 2018
- Absurdity Filter - December 2, 2018
- Too much positivity? - November 18, 2018
- Resources – Time, Energy and Resources revisited - November 11, 2018
- Fall Back - November 4, 2018
- Doubt - October 28, 2018
- Dread - October 14, 2018
- Resting and Tension - October 7, 2018
- Attitude is… something something - September 23, 2018
- Sirens of Self-Help - September 16, 2018
- Stolen Validation - September 9, 2018
- The Tinder Trap - August 26, 2018
- Future Tense AFL Podcast - August 19, 2018
- Tsufit – MB podcast - August 12, 2018