This is the second part of the What will you do article/podcast.
How this gets fixed – three things
You need time energy and resources or it’s not going to ever happen
Barring any minor triumphs due to circumstance and/or luck, it’s never going to end any differently.
The common factor is you are not looking at the whole. You’re not looking at the sliding puzzle. You’re ignoring the mechanics of how this change works. Ignoring it makes it fail.
If you want it to work you have to look at the whole, and respect your time, energy and resources. You need room to do a new thing, you need to move things around for it to have a place. If you want to end a bad thing you have to find out why you did it in the first place, and how it’s connected to other things.
If you want to accomplish a new thing you have to have enough time, energy and resources to do it. Period. It’s all finite. If you don’t have enough to pay that bill you have to get some back, from something.
You need a tool
If you can determine how much time energy and resources you have, that’s great. If you can determine what is connected to what, and what the effects will be of shoving around the pieces, that’s great too! But most people can’t. You need a tool. It’s not a notepad. It’s not a list, and it’s not a calendar. It’s a dynamic color coded sheet invented for the sole purpose of allowing you to see what your time, energy and resources are spent on. You just need to fill it out. It will not only reveal things you already know, it will reveal things you don’t.
Because it’s not a blind list of goals, you will see what you’re working with and where the goals come from. You may very well decide on different goals. You very well may be relieved, because seeing it in front of you will validate why you’re tired, why you can’t go to the gym. It will become clear.
But then what?
You may need a coach
Filling out the balance sheet allows you to see things you normally wouldn’t. That sheet is extremely helpful. But it’s static. Once you have the map, you have to work through it. Having a coach – specifically a coach that works with a tool like this – gives you two additional steps:
- Explore goals based on what is on the sheet. Instead of creating an orphaned goal, a goal is connected to something you already do. This is where very solid, very real and doable goals come from.
- Enjoy being coached on the balance sheet, and the goals. Instead of working by yourself, someone watches and helps from an outside perspective. Your sheet is reviewed, you are interviewed. An understanding is reached. As I’ve said before it’s like a spotter at a gym. That’s a valuable partner to have in reaching goals. Alchemyfor.life has a goal system and a chat system so you can see everything you’ve discussed on a particular subject or goal. You will see why you succeed and what adjustments you make to avoid failure. You may even decide that a particular goal is not what you really want or need. Imagine that – just not doing it, because it’s not right.
Fortunately you already have access to the Alchemy For Life Balance sheet – in the form of a special place called Alchemy For Me. You can fill out the same balance sheet, and play with it, and see exactly what I’m talking about. See how it looks, see how it feels.
If it all makes sense and you want to use the tool and the coach, we can move your account to Alchemy For Life, instantly. Then you can work with a coach and enjoy all the benefits and power of having everything in your corner.
And that’s how you don’t repeat all this pain and suffering next year.
- Resilience is a system - January 14, 2018
- Obnoxious eMails - January 9, 2018
- This is what you will do. - January 1, 2018
- What will you do? - January 1, 2018
- The storyteller – AFL Podcast - December 17, 2017
- Resolutions are bad – AFL Podcast - December 9, 2017
- Why do you live here? AFL Podcast - December 3, 2017
- Balance and Holidays AFL podcast - November 26, 2017
- Time and Eating – AFL Podcast - November 23, 2017
- Job, Career or Calling? AFL Podcast - November 19, 2017
- Be Nice – an experiment 2 - November 12, 2017
- Be Nice – an experiment 1 - November 4, 2017
- Multitasking – AFL Podcast - October 29, 2017
- AFL Pdocast – Congrats, you’re bored - October 22, 2017
- AFL Podcast – Why Energy Is Key - October 15, 2017
- Don’t buy that crazy vacuum! - October 8, 2017
- AFL Podcast – Working from home part 2 - October 1, 2017
- AFL Podcast – Working from home part 1 - September 24, 2017
- AFL Podcast Welcome - September 19, 2017
- Podcast S1E2: Alchemy For Life System – what is it? - September 11, 2017