Cecily is in her final year of college. She’s learned a lot in the last four years. Her study abroad time in Germany helped expand her horizons, and gave her a unique perspective.
I like to examine the discussion and see how the guest touches on podcasts and articles. It provides a very good grounding, a real life demonstration of the stuff I talk about, and a further reading/listening for you.
- Cecily mentions how the travel abroad time in Germany expanded her horizons. It gave her a better perspective on Time, like we discuss in Time Compression and Productivity – mindfulness of moments. Her flow of time seemed to change, which is markedly different than how things seemed in her first year.
- In her first year she was spending four hours a day in rowing class – a massive commitment of time. She was also working and focusing on schoolwork. Something had to give, just like we discuss in Balance and The Sliding Puzzle.
- Cecily’s journey has taught her a lot about what she liked, and what she didn’t. She’s seen what’s drained her, and what has energized her. Even though she worked seven hour shifts as a waitress, the socialization seemed to recharge her. This recharging proves Why Energy Is Key and we discuss it at length in the article of the same name.
- Collette Gee - March 24, 2019
- Sunday and updates! - March 17, 2019
- Mark Concannon - March 3, 2019
- Free book: The Status Game II - February 24, 2019
- Status conversations - February 22, 2019
- Valentines: Sophie Personne - February 14, 2019
- Valentines: Lisa De Pasquale - February 14, 2019
- OneSelf - February 10, 2019
- Resolutions: Writing that book (part one) - February 3, 2019
- Cynthia Starich - January 27, 2019
- My mission and crabbiness - January 20, 2019
- The Amazing Lucas - January 13, 2019
- Resolutions: Steering from afar - January 6, 2019
- Look Forward / Look Back – One year - December 30, 2018
- Twas The Night Before Christmas – a reading of the poem by Mark Bradford - December 24, 2018
- Charging a battery, filling a bucket and accomplishing a goal - December 23, 2018
- The Zone – AFL Podcast - December 9, 2018
- Absurdity Filter - December 2, 2018
- Too much positivity? - November 18, 2018
- Resources – Time, Energy and Resources revisited - November 11, 2018