Cecily is in her final year of college. She’s learned a lot in the last four years. Her study abroad time in Germany helped expand her horizons, and gave her a unique perspective.
I like to examine the discussion and see how the guest touches on podcasts and articles. It provides a very good grounding, a real life demonstration of the stuff I talk about, and a further reading/listening for you.
- Cecily mentions how the travel abroad time in Germany expanded her horizons. It gave her a better perspective on Time, like we discuss in Time Compression and Productivity – mindfulness of moments. Her flow of time seemed to change, which is markedly different than how things seemed in her first year.
- In her first year she was spending four hours a day in rowing class – a massive commitment of time. She was also working and focusing on schoolwork. Something had to give, just like we discuss in Balance and The Sliding Puzzle.
- Cecily’s journey has taught her a lot about what she liked, and what she didn’t. She’s seen what’s drained her, and what has energized her. Even though she worked seven hour shifts as a waitress, the socialization seemed to recharge her. This recharging proves Why Energy Is Key and we discuss it at length in the article of the same name.
- Refugee resettlement - July 14, 2019
- Grab the wheel – not the hood ornament - June 30, 2019
- You were dealt an awful hand. Now what? - June 23, 2019
- June updates - June 16, 2019
- Nicholas Arnold - June 9, 2019
- Suffering Experience and Wisdom - June 2, 2019
- It’s all your fault - May 26, 2019
- If you want to be a podcast guest read this. - May 21, 2019
- Never Mind… - May 19, 2019
- What rule do you live by? - May 12, 2019
- Interview – Blüm and John Lewandowski - May 5, 2019
- Resolutions: Writing that book (part two) - April 14, 2019
- Alchemy For Life – the book. - April 7, 2019
- The Canary Does Not Mine Coal - March 31, 2019
- Collette Gee - March 24, 2019
- Sunday and updates! - March 17, 2019
- Mark Concannon - March 3, 2019
- Free book: The Status Game II - February 24, 2019
- Status conversations - February 22, 2019
- Valentines: Sophie Personne - February 14, 2019