Ups and Downs?
You’ve heard that a million times – that life has its ups and downs. But that’s not helpful. And people only tell you that when something bad is happening, right? No one ever reminds you that life has ups and downs when you’re in the middle of an up.
You: “I just got that promotion!”
Them: “Well, life is full of ups and downs, Phil.”
It’s a cycle!
Saying life has ups and downs sounds like it is a series of random bad and good events. While there is a little of that, for the most part that’s not how it works. Instead, life is cyclical. Meaning, things in your life happen in cycles. And yes I know that means there are ups and downs, but it doesn’t mean a random bad thing happened, it means you are on a downward swing on an aspect of your life. Knowing that, you realize that there will be an upward swing. And, to make matters better, you can help minimize the downward swing.
Having cycles is a healthy, essential part of your life. Life is made of them – these cycles. It’s a rhythm.
Listen to find the takeaways, and what you can do about it.
- Too much positivity? - November 18, 2018
- Resources – Time, Energy and Resources revisited - November 11, 2018
- Fall Back - November 4, 2018
- Doubt - October 28, 2018
- Dread - October 14, 2018
- Resting and Tension - October 7, 2018
- Attitude is… something something - September 23, 2018
- Sirens of Self-Help - September 16, 2018
- Stolen Validation - September 9, 2018
- The Tinder Trap - August 26, 2018
- Future Tense AFL Podcast - August 19, 2018
- Tsufit – MB podcast - August 12, 2018
- 3:00am wakeup call – MB Podcast - August 5, 2018
- The Status Game – afl podcast - July 29, 2018
- Daniel Gefen – AFL podcast interview - July 22, 2018
- Thanos and balance - July 15, 2018
- Phil Gerbyshak – AFL Podcast interview - July 8, 2018
- Mario Lanzarotti – AFL Podcast Interview - July 1, 2018
- Mark Metry – AFL podcast interview - June 24, 2018
- Anastasia – AFL interview - June 17, 2018