Ups and Downs?
You’ve heard that a million times – that life has its ups and downs. But that’s not helpful. And people only tell you that when something bad is happening, right? No one ever reminds you that life has ups and downs when you’re in the middle of an up.
You: “I just got that promotion!”
Them: “Well, life is full of ups and downs, Phil.”
It’s a cycle!
Saying life has ups and downs sounds like it is a series of random bad and good events. While there is a little of that, for the most part that’s not how it works. Instead, life is cyclical. Meaning, things in your life happen in cycles. And yes I know that means there are ups and downs, but it doesn’t mean a random bad thing happened, it means you are on a downward swing on an aspect of your life. Knowing that, you realize that there will be an upward swing. And, to make matters better, you can help minimize the downward swing.
Having cycles is a healthy, essential part of your life. Life is made of them – these cycles. It’s a rhythm.
Listen to find the takeaways, and what you can do about it.
- Thanos and balance - July 15, 2018
- Phil Gerbyshak – AFL Podcast interview - July 8, 2018
- Mario Lanzarotti – AFL Podcast Interview - July 1, 2018
- Mark Metry – AFL podcast interview - June 24, 2018
- Anastasia – AFL interview - June 17, 2018
- Jonathan Pritchard Interview – AFL Podcast - June 10, 2018
- Cress – AFL Podcast interview - June 3, 2018
- Stephanie Osborn – AFL Interview - May 27, 2018
- Bill Protzmann – AFL Podcast interview - May 20, 2018
- Mark Black – Podcast Interview - May 13, 2018
- Three Things… AFL – Podcast - May 6, 2018
- Life’s ups and downs - April 29, 2018
- Why are you here? - April 22, 2018
- Order or Chaos? AFL Podcast - April 15, 2018
- Dark Matter on your calendar – AFL Podcast - April 1, 2018
- Just Be Positive – NOT! – AFL Podcast - March 25, 2018
- LinkedIn: Participating, Reciprocating and Cheerleading - March 24, 2018
- Interview: John – AFL Podcast - March 11, 2018
- Interview: Cecily – AFL Podcast - March 4, 2018
- Interview: Tamara – AFL Podcast - February 25, 2018