Ups and Downs?
You’ve heard that a million times – that life has its ups and downs. But that’s not helpful. And people only tell you that when something bad is happening, right? No one ever reminds you that life has ups and downs when you’re in the middle of an up.
You: “I just got that promotion!”
Them: “Well, life is full of ups and downs, Phil.”
It’s a cycle!
Saying life has ups and downs sounds like it is a series of random bad and good events. While there is a little of that, for the most part that’s not how it works. Instead, life is cyclical. Meaning, things in your life happen in cycles. And yes I know that means there are ups and downs, but it doesn’t mean a random bad thing happened, it means you are on a downward swing on an aspect of your life. Knowing that, you realize that there will be an upward swing. And, to make matters better, you can help minimize the downward swing.
Having cycles is a healthy, essential part of your life. Life is made of them – these cycles. It’s a rhythm.
Listen to find the takeaways, and what you can do about it.
- Collette Gee - March 24, 2019
- Sunday and updates! - March 17, 2019
- Mark Concannon - March 3, 2019
- Free book: The Status Game II - February 24, 2019
- Status conversations - February 22, 2019
- Valentines: Sophie Personne - February 14, 2019
- Valentines: Lisa De Pasquale - February 14, 2019
- OneSelf - February 10, 2019
- Resolutions: Writing that book (part one) - February 3, 2019
- Cynthia Starich - January 27, 2019
- My mission and crabbiness - January 20, 2019
- The Amazing Lucas - January 13, 2019
- Resolutions: Steering from afar - January 6, 2019
- Look Forward / Look Back – One year - December 30, 2018
- Twas The Night Before Christmas – a reading of the poem by Mark Bradford - December 24, 2018
- Charging a battery, filling a bucket and accomplishing a goal - December 23, 2018
- The Zone – AFL Podcast - December 9, 2018
- Absurdity Filter - December 2, 2018
- Too much positivity? - November 18, 2018
- Resources – Time, Energy and Resources revisited - November 11, 2018