Mark Concannon is a four-time Emmy-award-winning storyteller. He’s connected with audiences through video his entire career – previously as a decorated journalist. He grew up in Philadelphia doing sportscasting, and came to Milwaukee in 1987 to join the sports crew here – the original Fox 6 wakeup news, for 20 years. He was always there to provide positive, cheerful news, so it was an easy transition to start his own business cheerleading for other businesses.
In my continuing Milwaukee series I chatted with him about news, what it has sort of turned into, being positive, his journey in media, his own media company he currently heads, his new book, veterans and some of the gems of Milwaukee.
His new book, Mettle & Honor: Wisconsin Stories from the Battlefield, he provides eyewitness accounts from those who were there; at Normandy, Iwo Jima, Inchon, Khe Sanh, Kabul, and Fallujah. In Mettle & Honor, Wisconsin veterans, as interviewed by Emmy Award-winning journalist Mark Concannon, tell their stories.
- Refugee resettlement - July 14, 2019
- Grab the wheel – not the hood ornament - June 30, 2019
- You were dealt an awful hand. Now what? - June 23, 2019
- June updates - June 16, 2019
- Nicholas Arnold - June 9, 2019
- Suffering Experience and Wisdom - June 2, 2019
- It’s all your fault - May 26, 2019
- If you want to be a podcast guest read this. - May 21, 2019
- Never Mind… - May 19, 2019
- What rule do you live by? - May 12, 2019
- Interview – Blüm and John Lewandowski - May 5, 2019
- Resolutions: Writing that book (part two) - April 14, 2019
- Alchemy For Life – the book. - April 7, 2019
- The Canary Does Not Mine Coal - March 31, 2019
- Collette Gee - March 24, 2019
- Sunday and updates! - March 17, 2019
- Mark Concannon - March 3, 2019
- Free book: The Status Game II - February 24, 2019
- Status conversations - February 22, 2019
- Valentines: Sophie Personne - February 14, 2019