Mark Concannon is a four-time Emmy-award-winning storyteller. He’s connected with audiences through video his entire career – previously as a decorated journalist. He grew up in Philadelphia doing sportscasting, and came to Milwaukee in 1987 to join the sports crew here – the original Fox 6 wakeup news, for 20 years. He was always there to provide positive, cheerful news, so it was an easy transition to start his own business cheerleading for other businesses.
In my continuing Milwaukee series I chatted with him about news, what it has sort of turned into, being positive, his journey in media, his own media company he currently heads, his new book, veterans and some of the gems of Milwaukee.
His new book, Mettle & Honor: Wisconsin Stories from the Battlefield, he provides eyewitness accounts from those who were there; at Normandy, Iwo Jima, Inchon, Khe Sanh, Kabul, and Fallujah. In Mettle & Honor, Wisconsin veterans, as interviewed by Emmy Award-winning journalist Mark Concannon, tell their stories.
- Collette Gee - March 24, 2019
- Sunday and updates! - March 17, 2019
- Mark Concannon - March 3, 2019
- Free book: The Status Game II - February 24, 2019
- Status conversations - February 22, 2019
- Valentines: Sophie Personne - February 14, 2019
- Valentines: Lisa De Pasquale - February 14, 2019
- OneSelf - February 10, 2019
- Resolutions: Writing that book (part one) - February 3, 2019
- Cynthia Starich - January 27, 2019
- My mission and crabbiness - January 20, 2019
- The Amazing Lucas - January 13, 2019
- Resolutions: Steering from afar - January 6, 2019
- Look Forward / Look Back – One year - December 30, 2018
- Twas The Night Before Christmas – a reading of the poem by Mark Bradford - December 24, 2018
- Charging a battery, filling a bucket and accomplishing a goal - December 23, 2018
- The Zone – AFL Podcast - December 9, 2018
- Absurdity Filter - December 2, 2018
- Too much positivity? - November 18, 2018
- Resources – Time, Energy and Resources revisited - November 11, 2018