It’s all your fault! There, now you can fix it, right?**
One of the biggest lessons I had to learn was that not everything was under my control. See, if I was the cause of something then clearly I had control over it and could then presumably fix it. But if it wasn’t my fault then I had no control. Then what? Then we do what we can with our limited control and go from there. It’s a strangely selfish and protective thing we do when we do this – assuming blame and therefore control.
This happens in both relationships and business – and can truly burn you out when it gets out of control.
** What have you taken responsibility/blame for that was not your doing and not under your control, because you thought you could then control it? How did that work out?
- reMarkable in-depth review - August 11, 2019
- What is change? - August 4, 2019
- Self-care and Self-love? What is that, really. - July 28, 2019
- Refugee resettlement - July 14, 2019
- Grab the wheel – not the hood ornament - June 30, 2019
- You were dealt an awful hand. Now what? - June 23, 2019
- June updates - June 16, 2019
- Nicholas Arnold - June 9, 2019
- Suffering Experience and Wisdom - June 2, 2019
- It’s all your fault - May 26, 2019
- If you want to be a podcast guest read this. - May 21, 2019
- Never Mind… - May 19, 2019
- What rule do you live by? - May 12, 2019
- Interview – Blüm and John Lewandowski - May 5, 2019
- Resolutions: Writing that book (part two) - April 14, 2019
- Alchemy For Life – the book. - April 7, 2019
- The Canary Does Not Mine Coal - March 31, 2019
- Collette Gee - March 24, 2019
- Sunday and updates! - March 17, 2019
- Mark Concannon - March 3, 2019